SWEPCO Heavy Duty Primer is a black, liquid asphalt primer applied before SWEPCO Heavy Duty Roof Coating and SWEPCO Aluminum Roof Coating on dry asphalt & felt roofs. It penetrates and revitalizes the asphalt & felt and replaces some of the waterproofing oils lost by exposure to the sun. It provides a better bonding surface for the roof coating and ensures that the coating stays atop of the surface for greater protection and long-lasting waterproofing.
- Suitable for: Flat & low pitch roofs of type; Asphalt, Felt, Bitumen, BUR, Granular.
- Tin size: 25 litres. Coverage: Approximately 35m2 per 25-litre tin. surface dependant – between 0.31 litres per m2 and 1.22 litres per m2.
- Equipment: brush, broom (contractors prefer a 9” medium pile roller & a 3” paintbrush). Finish: Black.
- Application: Applied straight from the container with standard roofing brushes, squeegees, rollers or airless spray equipment.
- Curing Time: Curing time varies on climate but in most instances is cured enough for light foot traffic within 12 hours. Allow curing for min 14 days if applying SWEPCO Aluminum Roof Coating to prevent bleed through.